Friday, September 10, 2010

August Cookie Carnival Round Up!

Hi Everyone!

Were you starting to think that I'd forgotten about the round up last month?

I would never do that. I've been thinking about it - quite a bit, in fact. I have some new ideas that I would like to incorporate. It's just finding the time to do it.

I'm sure most of my readers can relate to being super busy this time of year.

The two recipe that we tried this month were:

Coconut Cherry Bars
and
Zucchini Carrot Bars


Ok, without further chit chat, here's the round up:

Vivian @ Let's Try These  used fresh cherries instead of maraschino cherries in her coconut cherry bars. Genius in my opinion!


Michelle @ Something New is Cooking said that she had red fingertips for a while from the cherries but that it was well worth it because she really liked the coconut cherry bars.


Katrina @ Baking and Boys! made both bar recipes:

For the coconut cherry bars, she drizzled chocolate over some of them. Can you imagine how good that would be? YUM! She said that they were pretty good.


For the zucchini carrot bars, she kicked it up a bit and used some Raisin Bran Extra with cranberries, raisins, yogurty clusters, sliced almonds.


Krista @ The Swans says that she likes participating in the Cookie Carnival because it is a good way to try recipes that I normally would not try. (Thanks, Krista!) She shared the coconut cherry bars at a cook-out where they were well received.


Tiffiny @ The Bake-Off Flunkie said that it's nice to have a bar cookie that's not chocolate or lemon for a change. (I totally agree!) Tiffany add some rum flavoring to her coconut cherry bars -- another ingenious idea! I bet that they were delicious!


and my bars

Tami @ Tami' Kitchen Table Talk - I made zucchini pineapple bars. I switched out several ingredients in the original zucchini carrot bars. Everyone in our ate them. I did them "Mom thing", too, and called them spice bars. No one even suspected that there was zucchini in them.


I also made the cherry coconut bars but what a flop did they turn out to be. I'm not sure what I did wrong but after looking at everyone's pictures here in this round up, I really wish my bars would've turned out ok. I know that I would've loved them. You can read more about them at the bottom of the post for the zucchini bars.

There you have it, another great round up!

I'd love to hear from you. Stop by and leave us a comment to let us know what you think of our cookies!

If you would like to join the Cookie Carnival, here's the guidelines on how you can do just that.

8 comments:

Tiffiny Felix said...

A great turn-out this time :) Yay for us! :)

Gourmified said...

They all turned out so yummy looking! I'm bummed I couldn't participate this past month. Good news...we've already made ONE of the recipes for Sept! Wahoo!

Tami said...

Tiffiny,I agree...great turn out! All of the cookie bars look so good!

Lisa, Great going being ahead of the game this month. Did you like the cookie that you baked?

Tami said...

Tiffiny, I just realized that I've been spelling your name wrong. Sorry!! I've corrected it in the round up. :)

Sue said...

All the cookies look great!

Anonymous said...

They all look great!

Tami said...

They sure do, don't they?

I could really go for one of the zucchini bars right now. :)

Tessa said...

All the cookies look delicious, and Tami, I love the new blog design!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...