Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Chicken and Cheese Enchiladas

My family loved tonight's dinner from Campbell's - Chicken and Cheese Enchiladas. - other than the fact that I nearly burned them down with flaming hot picante sauce. I searched all over the bottle for the word "hot" but I didn't see it written anywhere....I assumed that it wouldn't be that hot. (and what is it that they say about assuming???) This didn't stop them from asking me to make it again --- just to cool it down.

I doubled the recipe to make 12 enchiladas. It's such an easy recipe that went together really quickly. Once assembled, all you have to do is pop it into the oven and put the rice (the side dish) on to cook.

Can you say MMmmm MMmmm Good!


Chicken and Cheese Enchiladas
from Campbell's

1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup  (Regular or 98% Fat Free)
1/2 cup sour cream
1 cup Pace® Picante Sauce - I bought another brand but the next time I will buy Pace!
2 teaspoons chili powder
2 cups chopped cooked chicken
1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese  (about 2 ounces)
6 flour tortillas (6-inch), warmed
1 small tomato, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
1 green onion, sliced (about 2 tablespoons)

Heat the oven to 350°F. Stir the soup, sour cream, picante sauce and chili powder in a medium bowl.

Stir 1 cup soup mixture, chicken and cheese in a large bowl.

Divide the chicken mixture among the tortillas. Roll up the tortillas and place seam-side up (I put them seam side down and it worked out much better. Be sure to spray your pan with non-stick cooking spray.) in a 2-quart shallow baking dish.


Pour the remaining soup mixture over the filled tortillas. Cover the baking dish.


 Bake for 40 minutes or until the enchiladas are hot and bubbling.  

Top with the tomato and onion. I didn't do this extra step. Instead, I sprinkled on about 3 oz more of Monterey Jack cheese on top of the enchiladas. The next time that I make this dish, I will stick it back under the broiler to melt the cheese topping and to crisp it up a bit.


 Serve the enchiladas over cooked rice.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...