Monday, March 8, 2010

Menu Plan Monday

The forecast for today was supposed to be sunny with a high of 66* -- look out the window now and you will see rain. Better than snow, I guess.

This week's menus are simple. Our budget is a little short this week so I'm working mostly with what we have on hand. Nothing to complain about, I'm so thankful that we have food in the freezer to eat.

Family Menu

M - leftovers from the weekend

T - baked chicken, mashed potatoes & gravy, veggie

W - turkey sloppy joe pasta bake

H - 4 ingredient casserole (leftovers using baked chicken from Tues.)

F - pizza & salad

A - hot dogs & pierogies



My Low Carb Menu

M - leftovers - maybe in an omelet

T - baked chicken & broccoli

W - turkey sloppy joe stuffed pepper

H - chicken lettuce wraps

F - broiled tomatoes w/ goat cheese, sauteed green beans

A - undecided - probably leftovers in frig


Have a wonderful week! Hopefully we are seeing a peak of spring coming our way!

Check out Menu Plan Monday for some great weekly menu plans.

8 comments:

Jillian said...

I have to cook for my family and try to low carb myself. Most of what I make, they are able to eat as well. Sometimes we just add a pasta or another side. I'm fortunate that they like green beans!

I love your recipes and want to keep up with you, so I'm adding you to my low carb blog roll. Hope that's okay.

Unknown said...

Hi Jillian :)

Thanks for adding me to your blog roll. Like you, I try to cook the same way. It's nice to see that there's someone else out there who understands the thinking behind the menus. My menus for this week is a little wacky because I'm trying to use what we have here. I've been wasting too much food by letting it go bad in the frig.

I just looked at your menu...do you have room for one more at your table? YUM!

I'm adding you to my blog roll, too, so that I can follow along with you. Hopefully we can talk more soon!

Tami

KKSC2NC said...

Tami
The turkey sloppy joe stuffed pepper sound awesome.

I can't wait to give it a try.

Kristina

Anne H said...

I try to get some fatty friends to just skip the bread for a week....WOW the results!
But they still say it doesn't work for them....
silly

Mary Bergfeld said...

You are really well organized and the meals you make for your family sound wonderful. I love your blog and will be back often. Have a great day...Mary

Kimmer said...

I'm a low-carber too! I cook most of our meals Low Carb and add sides like pasta and potatoes for the rest of the family. It has taken a long time, but I finally don't have to cook separately for me. I have the last 3 weeks' menus at my blog. http://thewhimsofkim.blogspot.com

p.s. I'm following you now!

Tami said...

Hi Kimmer, Thanks for signing up to follow me! I can't wait to check out your menus. :)

Cheap Furniture Glendale said...

I love your meal plans! Sometime I really don't have the energy to think of a plan for myself and here you come to the rescue!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...