Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Chocolatey Raisin Oatmeal Jumbles

We usually have a container of raisins and M&Ms here at home for our kids to snack on. When I saw that it wasn't being eaten as fast as usual this time around, I decided to hunt for a chewy cookie recipe to make to use it up before the mix became stale. These delicious cookies were the result...


I found a great chewy oatmeal chocolate chip cookie recipe at the Sunday Baker blog. She provided great step-by-step pictures to go along with the recipe.

This is a simple, easy-to-make recipe. My daughter had fun helping out making these cookies. You probably already have the ingredients on hand to make them. I followed the recipe exactly as she says to do, only adding 2 cups of the raisin and M&M mix in at the end instead of chocolate chips.


Here's the recipe:

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

In a large bowl, beat together:
1 c. real butter, unsalted
1 c. granulated sugar
1 c. dark brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 t. vanilla

Beat until the mixture looks soft and wispy.


In the food processor or blender, blend 2 1/2 C of oats (the secret to the chewy goodness) until they are the consistency of flour.

To the Ground Oats Add: 

2 c. flour
1/2 t. salt
1 t. baking powder
1 t. baking soda

Mix it well and combine with the sugar/butter mixture.


Once it is well combined, add in your favorite extras - I used 2 C. of a mix of raisins & M&Ms. 

Bake in a 375 degree oven for about 10 minutes. 


 **My notes** - This batch made 32 jumbo sized cookies.  Both of my kids took some in their lunch boxes today and my husband enjoyed them at work last night, too! Store them in an airtight container. Any leftovers can be easily frozen. 

Enjoy!  

{Edited to add....  My husband said that he never would've thought that these cookies would taste good with M&Ms in them but he loves them. He asked me to make them again real soon. He also said that he popped some into the microwave at work to warm them up and that they were perfect.  He's so sweet for making a comment like that!}

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...