Monday, February 8, 2010

Menu Plan Monday - Family and Low Carb Menus

Last week's menu worked out fine until the end of the week. My husband and I were in a car wreck on Thursday morning. (we're ok, the car wasn't) We spent the entire day focusing on what to do with the car ..etc. That meant that Thursday's dinner was take out. On Friday, we had plans to take our kids to Monkey Joe's so we ate dinner out and then headed to MJ's. On Saturday, we managed to get a meal in at home...yay! For the Super Bowl, let's just say that I was a little irked with my husband. I cooked my meal at home, the rest of the family ate food from McDonald's.

So, you might see some repeats for recipes that I haven't tried, in the coming weeks. I've managed to stick to low carb meals. My weigh-in this morning showed another 2.5 lb loss! The total is now 14 lbs since 1/11/10! If the rain ever stops here, I would love to start walking. I'm finding it so hard to get motivated to exercise in my house.


My Low Carb Menu

S- steamed cabbage & kielbasa

M - Atkins spicy chicken*, faux mashed potatoes, salad - new recipe

T -talapia*, squash, salad -new recipe

W- beef veggie soup* - new recipe - changed to chicken soup from leftovers in freezer

H - chef salad

F - portobello mushroom burger* w/ rutabaga fries - new recipe

S - taco zucchini lasagna* - new recipe


Family Menu

S - Mc D's

M - chicken, pasta & sauce

T - talapia*, mac n cheese, salad - new recipe

W - beef veggie soup* - new recipe - changed to chicken noodle soup from leftovers in freezer

H - rigatoni bake

F - portobello mushroom burgers w/ fries

A - taco braid *, Spanish rice - new recipe


Be sure to stop back often this week because I will be posting the new recipes as I make them.

If you've found my blog through Menu Plan Monday, please let me know. I've been meeting so many wonderful cooks from there!  See for yourself -- Menu Plan Monday.

To my new low carb friends, I hope that we continue down the losing path in the weeks to come!

6 comments:

Kelly said...

yeah!!!! congrats on the 2.5 lb loss! Thanks for sharing your menus every week!

The Saved Quarter said...

Congrats on your loss! I'm wondering why your family eats different food from you. If a meal is good and healthy for you, isn't it also good and healthy for your family? My mom did this while I was growing up and it skewed my ideas of what healthy meals are, and made me feel like women weren't "allowed" to eat food that tastes good.

I found you on Menu Plan Monday.

Tami said...

I try, for the most part, to cook things that we all like but most of the time, my family will eat carbs in the form of rice, pasta, potatoes..etc and I don't eat them. But just because I don't eat them, I'm not going to stop cooking them for my family. They enjoy these items and in moderation, these foods are fine.

Don't get me wrong, my children have to try new veggies and different items. If they like them, great!...if they don't, I don't make them eat a serving of it.

My kids are fully aware of why I sometimes eat different foods. They both eat healthy foods are not overweight. I don't want to see them in my shoes when they are older.

I'm not sure I understand how my meals and my family's meals would relate to them or me feeling like we weren't allowed to eat food that tastes good? I like to think that I cook good, satisfying meals.

I'm glad that you stopped by. I hope that we can talk again.

Tami

Tami said...

Thanks for the congrats on the weight loss!! :)

Tara said...

Congratulations on the weight loss, that's wonderful! You're doing so well on the program and that's really darn awesome, too. It's difficult, especially when you are used to eating lots of carbs.

I applaud you for continuing to make 'regular' meals for your family. That has to make low carbing doubly difficult (at least it would for me). I'm so happy for you!

I hope your family enjoys the cheddar jack mac! Keep up the good work!

Tami said...

Thanks, Tara! It does get difficult at times but I have a lot of willpower. lol! I try to pick something on those days that is a treat for me, too. Like tonight, I'm making cupcakes for the family so I'm planning on trying a LC danish recipe.

I'll let you know how they like the mac n cheese.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...