Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Low Carb Chicken Salad

I've been making this recipe ever since I started low carbing years ago. I love it. It's simple, yet full of flavor.

I usually use salad that consists of different greens. I could've sworn that I bought a bag at the store but after searching for it, I only came up with your typical bagged lettuce, cabbage and carrots...so that's what I used. It's delicious either way. 



Low Carb Chicken Salad

2 C. salad
grilled or baked chicken breast
5 whole white mushrooms - cremini mushrooms work, too
1/4 C. shredded mozzarella cheese
black olives, sliced - I used 4 sliced up
1 tsp. minced garlic
2 tsp. Montreal steak seasoning  - be sure to check that no sugar has been added
red wine vinegar & olive oil salad dressing*

Chicken & Mushrooms

Shred chicken breast and add to a medium frying pan. Slice mushrooms and add to the pan. Stir in minced garlic and steak seasoning. Drizzle with enough olive oil to keep the mixture from sticking while cooking. Cook over medium-high heat until the mushroom are soft. Remove from heat and immediately top with shredded cheese. Leave everything in the pan until the cheese melts.

To Plate:

Place lettuce on a big plate. Top with sliced olives. Top the olives and salad with the chicken & mushrooms. Drizzle the salad dressing over the top.

Red Wine Vinegar & Olive Oil Salad Dressing:

1/4 C. olive oil
1/3 C. red wine vinegar
1 -2 packets of Sweet N Low or Splenda, to taste - to remove bitterness
2 tsp. Italian seasoning

Add all ingredients to a shaker and shake well.

Enjoy!


1 comment:

Daron said...

I came here to check out your low-carb recipes.... I hope you stick with the diet because you're low carb foods look great. But man, I don't know if I can take all these pictures of calzones and pies... mmmm... so tempting. By the way, I put a feeds link to you on my lowcarbblogs.blogspot.com site. As long as you stay on your diet, I'm leaving the link up.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...