Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Goblin Grub

Feed this yummy treat mix to all of Goblins in your neighborhood. They will surely come back for more! Super quick to make, mix it up and eat it in under 15 minutes!



What You Need
Rice Chex cereal
salted peanuts
raisins
thin pretzel sticks
candy corn
Gummi Worms (optional for decoration)
chocolate chips for melting

What You Do
The ingredients amounts will vary depending
on your likes and dislikes. For this mix,
I've used:

8 oz. Rice Chex cereal
6 oz. peanuts
6 oz raisins
6 oz candy corn
8 oz pretzel sticks
Dump 6 oz chocolate chips into a separate
microwave-safe bowl

In a big bowl, mix all of the above ingredients except chocolate chips. On a baking sheet, spread the mixture out in a thin layer.

Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave at 30-second intervals until completely melted.

Drizzle chocolate over the treat mix. Slide the tray in the refrigerator for 5 minutes to speed along the hardening time for the chocolate. Once the chocolate has hardened, break the treat mix into pieces.

To serve, pile high in a big bowl. Garnish with Gummi Worms around the edge of the bowl. Store treat mix in a Ziploc bag.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the "Frankensteins"

We dip marshmellow in the almond bark. And the kids love them...

I think I'll try making them with green colored almond bark...or green melties Then follow the rest of the decorations.

I just subscribed to your email...am anxious to start receiving them...

patti

Tami said...

Hi Patti :)

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit me! I love your idea on how to make Frankies using almond bark. I LOVE chocolate covered marshmallows!

Thanks so much for subscribing to my blog!

Hugs,
Tami

Prudy said...

I just found your blog and I LOVE it. I'm passing it on to my sisters too. What great crafts and fun food ideas too.

Tami said...

Hi Prudy :)

Thank you so much! I hope that you'll stop back to visit soon!

Anonymous said...

This is a really fun idea! I'm having a Halloween party this year and have been looking for fun snacks to sit out all evening...this looks perfect. I love the gummy worm addition :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...